Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Artefacts...





I have kept a lot of artefacts that I found on my travels and for assessment I have been thinking of framing them and making them into small pieces. This week I took a heart shaped leaf I found outside Hamilton Mausoleum, which I like very much. I also have bits and bobs that I found up on my trip to Orkney that have been lying around in my studio for months. I displayed them in little boxes for the assessment in December, but I think it would be nice to make them into small pieces in themselves, to mark my journey and the little things that still remain from them, both physical and ephemeral. 








I perhaps, might think of selling them, although they are quite sentimental to me as they represent my journey through human resonance and have become symbols of this entire experience. I love the fact that I have been able to collect all sorts of things within these places, not only my encounters with with the space, but also just how much they have influenced and affected me as a person. If anything these spaces have made me progress as an artist and defined where I want my practice to lie. They are artefacts not only of the sites but of my own internal journey and process...


No comments:

Post a Comment