Monday, March 5, 2012

Cardboard Structure/ Clay model...







For the past few weeks I have been working on constructing a maquette out of cardboard to get a better understanding of the structure I will make for degree show. I have based the shape of the structure from my previous design, but now it will be suspended from the ceiling. The structure is about 2 metres high and 1 metre wide, so not as big as the one I will make for degree show, but still gives a sense of dimension and how the structure will look. Because I used cardboard the structure is made up of different panel, but for the final one I want to make it conical and rounded. I have really enjoyed making the maquette, it has proven to be challenging but now I have a clearer idea of how the final piece will look and I am excited to realise it. I also had a go at making a structure model out of clay....




                                           
   NOW TO MAKE THE REAL THING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment