Tuesday, May 1, 2012

UPDATE/ IDEAS....


Today, all of a sudden I have started having these last minute ideas...For a start, I am now considering doing a live performance within the degree show space itself, using a lapel mic to  to do a live performance in the space, connecting my voice directly to the speakers. This would allow my voice to be projected and travel through the pipes. I think this would be a really wonderful piece, as it would allow me to work with the materials n the space how I have done in the other sites of resonance I have visited, and to be amplified through them...
I can picture it being a really magical experience. I went to go see Andy downstairs and he suggested that I use a lapel/ radio mic, allowing me to move around the space with no sign of wires, which is importnat as I want the technology in the piece to be invisible...
I then went to talk it through with Sean, and he also thought it was easily done. I think it means that I will need to make another max patch, but it can simply be linked to the other one we are in the process of making. I have booked the equipment out and will do a sound test later on this week, once I have I have installed the pipes in the space.
Progress is getting there, I managed to get the sound piece working again, after hiccups with pro tools yet again over the weekend. Technology is always such a fickle thing! The pipes are now all in the space and are ready to go...I marked them out yesterday, and am hoping that Anton & Jason will be able to help me this afternoon. This means, that once the pipes are in place, I can begin importing the soil.







I am really excited for this week and seeing the space transform to its final formation. I have waited so long for it to happen, but this is the last big push, and where everything will take shape, and hopefully it will all come together beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment