Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Degree Show Space


My degree show space is finally installed and it is looking beautiful. The earth has already started to fade and dry out, making the space feel more weathered and like it has been there for  along tome....Having the earth imbedded in the structure really makes it feel like there is a living and growing body inside the space. I have loved working with earth and brining it into the space, I think it completely transformed it, and makes the whole piece more linked to the idea of 'site & environment'. I have had so many compliments from people walking passed and I can't wait to finally have the sound working so that I can experience the piece for the first time. I also can't wait to share it with everyone, and to see how people react to the space and the experience inside it. It has taken a lot of time and thought and help from a great number of people, but it is finally finished. There is something so natural about it, it feels like it has been there forever. The installation fits in so well with the space and I couldn't be happier with how it sits in its environment....

No comments:

Post a Comment