Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 2.....

Yesterday I managed to get my sister Evelyn in to help me, who will be my degree show helper! Together we started working on the space, getting the pipes in, insulating it and getting it ready for the last week. First of all, Anton & Jason, my saviours of construction came back to help me for the final time, and cut the holes for the pipes. It took literally half an hour, no time at all, and I always enjoy working with them, they are great. I made sure that all the pipes were measured and placed in the right place, with 1.2 metres in between each pipe and 50cm from the rim of the circle to the centre of the pipe. Then Anton came with a jigsaw and cut them all out....These are the results:




Then Evelyn and I then got all the pipes in situ. It took a little time, shoogling them into the holes and  there was one particular pipe that caused extra difficulty, but after some good persuasion all of the pipes were in place. Once we had started on the pipes (and because I was in a rather productive mood) we decided to line the space with the thick black plastic sheet that Ronnie gave me to insulate the structure, so that when the earth is poured onto it, it is protected. 





And underneath the structure, the plynths and pipes await the arrival of the 6 speakers, but these won't be installed until the soil is brought into the space, which will be later on this week. I am hoping to have everything in by Friday....








And me in the space.....



The space is really coming together, now all that needs to be brought in is the soil, and then all the equipment! I am really looking forward to everything coming together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment